Founded in 2011 ChadSan is a rapidly growing firm of Chartered accountants with its base in Guildford and smaller teams working from offices in London, Leigh-on-Sea and Bristol.
Driven by the desire to leverage the cloud-based technology revolutionising the accounting industry in order to provide a world class service to its portfolio of fast-growing SMEs and tech savvy entrepreneurs, ChadSan fosters an environment in which continuous improvement of both people and process is at the heart of everything we do.
Viewing technology and legislative simplification as an opportunity rather than a threat, a timesheet and paper free environment and an emphasis on easily accessible and jargon free client communication are just some of the ways in which ChadSan challenge the accepted norms of the industry in which it operates.
This is an exciting role for a newly qualified accountant looking for the next step in their career where they have the opportunity to develop their management and client relationship skills as well as building on their technical expertise and experience with the support of a highly qualified senior management team.
In this role you will manage a small team of 4-5 highly capable and motivated trainee chartered accountants including responsibility for:
- Mentoring and development of technical and non-technical skills
- Review of their technical work, in particularly year end statutory accounts
- Day to day support and advice around technical and client communication issues and challenges
- Workflow management and accountability
You will also be responsible for managing the accounting, tax and advisory needs of your own portfolio of SME clients including:
- Year end accounts and corporation tax returns (including liaison with auditors in a small number of cases)
- Preparation and review of VAT returns
- Payroll & pension management
- Day to day advice and support
Management of your own support and career development needs will be the responsibility of one of the two founder / MDs to whom you will report directly. This role offers significant potential for future promotion to the ChadSan “Strategy Group” through which the direction and growth of the business are driven.
A recently qualified accountant (preferably ACA), the candidate will need to possess a strong range of technical skills and experience. The candidate will also need to be:
- An excellent communicator, self-motivated and full of initiative
- Highly organised and able to direct and manage the activities, workload and deadlines of themself and others
- A team player who can see the bigger picture, but also who can work independently and be accountable for their own workload
- A compassionate leader, able to inspire and motivate the junior members of the team, and passionate about developing and mentoring the team’s skills
- An ambassador for ChadSan, able to identify new business opportunities and build meaningful client relationships
- Passionate about using financial cloud technology to help small businesses
- Keen to embrace and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexi and agile working
- Cashback healthcare scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Employee referral bonus
- New business bonus
- Continuous professional development and opportunities for progression
If you’re interested, please send your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!