Head of Payroll
Location: Guildford, Leigh-on-Sea or Bristol
Founded in 2011 ChadSan is a rapidly growing firm of Chartered accountants with its base in Guildford and smaller teams working from offices in London, Leigh-on-Sea and Bristol.
Driven by the desire to leverage the cloud-based technology revolutionising the accounting industry in order to provide a world class service to its portfolio of fast-growing SMEs and tech savvy entrepreneurs, ChadSan fosters an environment in which continuous improvement of both people and process is at the heart of everything we do.
Viewing technology and legislative simplification as an opportunity rather than a threat, a timesheet and paper free environment and an emphasis on easily accessible and jargon free client communication are just some of the ways in which ChadSan challenge the accepted norms of the industry in which it operates.
This is a new role focused on providing a comprehensive, consistent and high-quality payroll service to a portfolio of our SME clients.
The role offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to really make their mark by redesigning the way in which this part of our service is delivered, ensuring that payroll and pension compliance tasks are run as efficiently as possible without compromising on quality of the client experience.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Preparing monthly payrolls for our clients
- Making relevant submissions to HMRC
- Advising clients of the timing and method of settlement for any PAYE liabilities
- Submitting pension information on behalf of our clients
- Liaising with clients to answer payroll questions
- Supporting other members of the ChadSan team with any payroll compliance or reconciliation queries they may have
In due course we would expect you to be responsible for managing a small team of payroll juniors including responsibility for:
- Mentoring and development of technical and non-technical skills
- Review of their technical work
- Day to day support and advice around technical and client communication issues and challenges
- Workflow management and accountability
A proven track record of running multiple payrolls (preferably in practice) and dealing with both HMRC and pension scheme compliance the candidate will need to possess a strong range of technical skills and experience. The candidate will also need to be:
- An excellent communicator, self-motivated and full of initiative
- Highly organised and able to direct and manage the activities, workload and deadlines of themself and others
- A team player who can see the bigger picture, but also who can work independently and be accountable for their own workload
- A compassionate leader, able to inspire and motivate the junior members of the team, and passionate about developing and mentoring the team’s skills
- An ambassador for ChadSan, able to identify new business opportunities and build meaningful client relationships
- Passionate about using financial cloud technology to help small businesses
- Keen to embrace and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexi and agile working
- Cashback healthcare scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Employee referral bonus
- New business bonus
- Continuous professional development and opportunities for progression
If you’re interested, please send your CV & covering letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!